“Solitude matters, and for some people, it’s the air they breathe.”
― Susan Cain
I know which things are kryptonite to my HSP* Introvert temperament. I can list several:
- Large social gatherings
- Noisy, crowded places
- Making a lot of small talk
- Spending a large part of my day or evening socializing with not enough alone time
- Engaging in a lot of new experiences/activities
- Having a crowded schedule during the day with many demands on my time
- Spending a lot of time on social media
- Getting overstimulated by all of the above and becoming exhausted
So why do I forget all I know about what leads to a very unpleasant state of fatigue and feeling depressed, and engage in too much of the above list, then find myself suffering the previously mentioned consequences.
*Highly sensitive person
Featured comic strip image of Adventure Comics via Joel Kramer on Flickr. Exhaustion GIF via Giphy.