I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award and want to thank Lucile de Godoy, on life for nominating me. It is heartening to have other writers give me recognition for my posts.
The Liebster Award has German origins. The word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend.
It aims to discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. Bloggers award other bloggers. Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love good strong coffee and usually have some every morning
- I enjoy good food and wine including San Francisco sour dough bread with the hard, dark crust
- I love to read books, the paper and cloth cover ones more than electronic
- I love films old and new
- I love nature and all the beautiful scenery in California
- I love opera and especially anything Puccini
- I love Rock n Roll like the song says
- I like things that are quirky and funny, good jokes and comedy
- I like some of the old comedians like Laurel and Hardy and WC Fields
- I like road trip up the coast of California with my husband
- I like dancing and may take up tap one of these days
My 11 Nominations ( I did not want to duplicate Lucile’s list but I still love you all and you know who you are 🙂 )
- Behind the White Coat
- From Egg Hill
- Far Out in Africa
- Inspiring Max
- Rachel Being Chatty
- The Crafty Lady in Combat Boots
- Out of My Mind
- El Amarillo Camino
- Wtf Am I On About Now?
My 11 Answers:
- Are you afraid of the dark? Sometimes if I have just finished watching a scary movie especially about hauntings or ghosts and such things and if I hear strange noises at night
- Do you care about recycling garbage? Yes but I am not always good about doing it. We do recycle plastic bottles.
- Are you happy? Depends on what mood I am in. 🙂 Generally yes, resilient.
- If you had to say the truth or protect a friend, which one would you choose? Lean toward protecting the friend unless they were guilty of a heinous crime.
- Are you addicted to social media? Right now almost addicted to WordPress blogging but trying to resist. Probably losing the battle. Don’t have time for other social media due to first part of answer.
- Do you have a dream? More than one. Travel. Write a book. Get published.
- Have you ever been in love with a friend and never told her/him? No
- Tell us the funniest thing that has happened to you. I think I need to have more fun because I can’t think of anything right now 😦
- If you could choose another place, where would you live? Sonoma, Carmel or Santa Ynez Valley
- Don’t you like gossiping? Not too much.
- Would you let me know if you rather not be awarded and why? I can see how the awards can be more of a popularity contest and can be seductive. On the other hand I do appreciate getting the feedback as a new blogger. So Thank You!
My 11 questions for you:
- If you wrote a book what genre would it be?
- Is WordPress you whole life right now?
- What current issue in the news are you passionate about?
- Do you like to get together with a small group of friends or do you like big parties?
- Do you prefer cities, small towns or being in a more remote area?
- When you travel do you like to rough it or do you prefer a hotel with all the amenities?
- Do you feel you really need to be in constant communication with friends on Facebook, text, twitter or other social media?
- Do you enjoy time to yourself, solitude?
- Do you need to have a special place in your home or elsewhere where it is quiet to write?
- Are you a romantic?
- What type of music do you enjoy?